Due to the current unpredictable circumstances with Covid-19, the Advisory Board and organizers have made a responsible decision to move Open Bioeconomy Week 2020 online. On the bright side, this allows us to have participants from around the world, with a promise to provide an easy access to the programme. Welcome to Open Bioeconomy Week 2020.
The very first international Open Bioeconomy Week has an ambitious target to become an annual event bringing together the latest research and industrial practice in the digitalization of bioeconomy. In today’s world the one does not exist without the other.
Open Bioeconomy Week will be organized on 29th and 30th September 2020 online. The event is supported by the Regional Council of Häme with the regional enterprises and other organizations working within the bioeconomy sector. Together with HAMK the organizing committee of the event consist of the leading national research and innovation organizations such as Aalto University, Natural Resources Institute Finland (Luke), VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE) and University of Helsinki.
The conference aims to highlight the current research innovations, trends and future of bioeconomy through the lens of digitalization and data utilization. The key focus is to highlight the paradigm shift digitalization can bring in the field of bioeconomy. To accomplish this, the event aims to bring different academics, researchers, stakeholders, policymakers, business representatives and the society todiscuss and understand the role and the impact digitalization can make in development of bioeconomy and hence towards a sustainable future.
Open bioeconomy Week will annually be built around the themes of utilization of digitalization in the development of bioeconomy research, innovations and business. However, the subthemes will change annually. In the year 2020 the themes of the Open Bioeconomy Week will cover how to combine bioeconomy with:
• data collection, measurements and sensors,
• data transfer and processing,
• data analysis,
• data utilization: interpretation, decision making, process monitoring and control,
• artificial intelligence and IoT and
• open data, open interfaces and open technologies in the utilization of the bioeconomy
This year, the themes in bioeconomy also include:
Food production chain
• Primary production and open data
• Primary production and digital tools
• Quality and process control in food production
• Digital solutions in food value chain management
•Digitalization in promoting circular economy in food production
Carbon footprint calculations
• Nature based solutions
• Control of carbon in bioeconomy processes
• Measurements and data utilization in intensifying carbon sequestration
• Data utilization in carbon sequestration monitoring and research
• Digital solutions in water quality and quantity monitoring
• Use of open data in various kinds of water usage
• Digital tools in integrated water resources management
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The call for abstracts is now open and proposals of 500 words maximum should be submitted to email@example.com by 31 July 2020 at the latest. The approval will be announced before 31 August 2020. The final oral presentations should arrive at firstname.lastname@example.org on 15 September 2020 at the latest.
• Technology Innovation Management Review special issue on smart bioeconomy, 2020 (https://timreview.ca/)
• Agriculture and Food Science (AFSci) (https://journal.fi/afs)
• HAMK Unlimited (https://unlimited.hamk.fi/)
The scientific committee of the conference will evaluate the presentations and select the ones to be invited to write the final version to be proposed to the journals’ editors.
The conference accepts posters as well. The proposals (an abstract of max. 300 words) should arrive to email@example.com on the 31 July the latest. Please, indicate the interest in poster presentation in the title of the e-mail.
At least one of the authors both in oral presentations and posters must be registered in the conference.
(Abstracts submissions – October 15 , 2020)
31st of July, 2020
31st of August, 2020
15th of September, 2020